Celebrated illustrator and author Ann Shen shares her striking study of history's most iconic styles and the women who changed the world while wearing them.
50 Iconic Fashion Moments by Ann Shen, the creator of the bestselling Bad Girls Throughout History!
From the revolutionary bikini to the presidential pantsuit, this book explores 50 fashions through bold paintings and insightful anecdotes that empower readers to make their own fashion statements.
- Demonstrates the power of fashion as a political and cultural tool for making change
- Brilliantly illustrated with Ann's signature art style
- Filled with radical clothing choices that defined their time
Looks include the Flapper Dress, the unofficial outfit of women's independence in the 1920s; the Afro, worn as a symbol of black beauty, power, and pride; the Cone Bra, donned by Madonna in her 1989 power anthem Express Yourself"; and the Dissent Collar
A great gift for the young adult who loves fashion!
- Format: Hardcover
- Pages: 128
- Size: 7 1/2" x 9"
- Publication Date: 09/01/2020
- ISBN: 9781452183282
- Take care of a favorite book by treating it carefully and storing it responsibly.
- Don't touch your book with dirty hands or read it while eating or drinking.
- Store your book in a cool and dry atmosphere, away from heat sources.
- Dust your book regularly.
She Designed This
Ann Shen is an illustrator and graphic designer whose work is featured around the world. She is the author of Bad Girls Throughout History and Legendary Ladies. She lives in Los Angeles, California.